Thank You for visiting Symphony of Heaven.
I hope you are blessed by every post you read. Stay passionate about life and I pray that your life will be filled with the fullness of God.
Please subscribe via email to receive further posts in your inbox and connect on our Facebook/Twitter pages. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and testimonies.
Stay Blessed ; Stay Inspired,
Select category to read!
- 7 Biblical Keys to Personal Growth
- God & Me – Through the darkest nights.
- Who You Are, Who You Want to Be, Who You will Become!
- 8 Keys to Pursuing God!
- Do you fear the Pharisees?
- Temptation is a lie.
- Wisdom – Why, from where and how?
- Who God says I am!
- 7 Reasons you need Fellowship.
- That Girl is Poison – Dream Stealers
- How to live in a valley
- Your greatest gift.
- “What comes into our minds when we think about #God is the most important thing about us." —A.W. TOZER #Christianity 5 months ago
- RT @can2009: #God provides for you. #Jesus is the proof. That's all you need to know. 5 months ago
- In life, you may have to pass through tunnels enduring darkness; but awaiting ahead is light & your destiny. | ctt.ec/F8my6+ 5 months ago
- (old post) - 6 Practical Keys to Resist Temptation - bit.ly/14CIhnG #Temptation #Purity 2 years ago
- Grace reminds me that Jesus took what I deserve so that I can receive what He deserved. - bit.ly/1glqXF0 2 years ago
- Grace is not my license to sin, but my power to break free from it. - bit.ly/1glqXF0 #Grace 2 years ago
- 2,827 Views
Top Posts & Pages
TagsAbraham Accepted by God Art Believe Bethel Bible Bill Johnson Blessings Breakthrough christianity Christian Leaders Community creation desires Destiny Dreaming with God dreams Encouragement Faith Forgiveness friends goals God God Pursuit Relationship Intimacy Love grace Happiness Happy Heart Heaven Holy spirit Impossibilities intimacy Intimacy with God Jesus Joy King Kingdom Knowing God leaders Leadership Love love God Jesus lifestyle mind Mirror Music One Thought passion peace People Photography Prayer Principles Purpose Random Reason relationship relationships Satisfaction Scripture Song Sound Source spirituality Strength Struggles Success symphony of heaven the on Trust truth understanding Victory wisdom Worship Young Leaders
ARE YOU REALLY HAPPY??!!
The sound of joy is the actual sound of heaven – Bill Johnson
Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. – John 16:24
“I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart …” I’m sure most of us have sung that popular tune during our childhood. But have you ever felt like you’ve lost that joy while growing up? When young, we are looking forward to things that are to come; in old age, we look backward to things that have gone past. In the midst of this ‘occupied’ life, do we have time and reasons to be happy? Or to be ‘joyful’?
I believe, in being a Christian, one of our greatest reward is Joy. Hebrews 12:2 says, “Jesus endured the cross for the “joy set ahead of Him“. Can you imagine how important joy is, that Jesus went through all that he went through “for the joy set ahead of Him”. That is enough for me to believe that joy is such an important asset we have in our daily walk of life.
Yes, there is a difference between being happy and being joyful.
Happiness can be earned for mere moments from material possessions, achievements, families, parties, addictions, etc. But our joy is a direct result of being before the face of God. Joy is a reward for our faith and hope. A lot of times we can keep our joy only by seeing through the eyes of faith. It is very easy to let our jobs, finances, family, pride, etc., steal our joy during challenging times. But if we endure in faith, joy is certainly a reward. It is this joy that framed the story behind the amazing song “It is well”, it is this Joy that gives hope to the needy, it is this Joy that helps in believing for the impossible, it is this joy that lets us live life as sons and daughters of God.
How many times do you get frustrated when you see someone violating traffic rules, when someone does you wrong, when someone disrespects you or they do not live up to your expectation? Well, yes, we do have a reason for the words we utter in response, but reacting at that moment and letting that control your emotion is how easy it is to lose your joy. Well, you may say its just for a short while, but the issue is, eventually, it becomes a habit and your first response to a situation will be to be frustrated and to let it control your words/actions. And that could cause a whole lot of side effects and unnecessary trouble that steal your joy.
A few ways to keep your joy :
– The source : Believing that you are a son/daughter of the Most High is step one to find your joy. Knowing that you are accepted by Him just as you are, is more than enough reason to be joyful.
– Just PAUSE : Do not be reactive. If a person talks to you in frustration and you feel you are going to react the same way, just PAUSE! Let that feeling leave you and then speak. Trust me, you will be so proud of yourself after you’ve done that.
– It’s all about God : Everything you do, all that you want to be, all that you possess, your successes and your failures; surrender everything to God. Learn to draw your self-worth & acceptance from God and that He is the only one you need to please.
– A conscious effort : It takes a conscious effort to control your emotions, to not be reactive, to not let people pull you down, to put a smile on someone’s face, to make your joy contagious.
Joy and faith go hand in hand. Joy and hope go hand in hand.
Romans 15:13 : May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
You cannot have faith and not be joyful. Because in His presence, there is fullness of joy. Joy and fear cannot co-exist. Joy and sorrow cannot co-exist.
We live in a time where we have a hundred reasons to be frustrated, broken, angry, unhappy almost every day, but joy is your reward and never lose it to/for anything in this world. The minute you give away your joy, it is an open door for the enemy. The moment you let frustration, defeat, bitterness, regret, etc,. control your emotions, you are trading your joy. Make a conscious effort to smile. 🙂
Get used to being joyful because that is what heaven tastes like. Joy gives the courage and the ability to handle what comes your way. Fight for your joy!